Welcome to the WhoWhatWhere Tampa Bay community. Below are our community guidelines. They will change over time. We hope you enjoy participating in our community.
- Be nice. Don’t post insulting, bullying, victim-blaming, racist, or sexist remarks.
- Sock puppets, astroturfers and spammers will be removed.
- Stay on topic. Don’t hijack threads, repeat yourself or post generic talking points.
- Constructive criticism is welcome. Hostile, whining hand-wringers will be censored by our elitist editors.
- Like the good, Flag the bad, and avoid content-less comments.
- Don’t post e-mail addresses, phone numbers, home addresses, URL-shortened links that obscure the target, porn, or gore.
- We politely insist you do not post stuff you do not have the right to post.
- We have the right to delete an account or content at any time for any reason. Remember to export your data right after making dodgy comments.
- Rules lawyering will fail.
This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion
Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. This is a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.
These are not hard and fast rules, merely aids to the human judgment of our community. Use these guidelines to keep this a clean, well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.
Improve the Discussion
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the discussion or might detract from its usefulness, think over what you want to say and try again later.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks.
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- Knee-jerk contradiction.
- Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
Always Be Civil
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness.
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things.
This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.
Keep It Tidy
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
You may not post anything that you don’t have the rights to make available or have a well-reasoned belief that your republication of the work is a “fair use.” We are creators and this is very important to us. Please do not post stuff that you do not have the right to post.